Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ashley Williams                    
ENC 1102
Eassy1 Gallery Draft
01/22/2013
“The longer you look at an object, the more abstract it becomes, and, ironically the more real.” said Lucian Freud. Day by day art surrounds me and I believe that a picture is worth a thousands words. The pictures captured represent snap shots of my past and have taken parts of who I am today and by that these pictures can tell you short stories of my life.
This old white house in the though history photo by Brittney Goodwin reminds me of when I would visit my grandma in Idlewild MI it is an old historic community. This place would change your life forever a place so peaceful you can see the animals running ever so free. There are nice people to not only live by but people u could also call family. The white building reminds me of the library in idlewild. I could just go back to when I was a little girl running and playing outside in the dirt roads with the nice summer breeze. Playing around with my grandpa twirling me up in the air and catching me in his arms. Seeing this photo takes me to the sent of no other old man and apple pie the pie my grandma was always baking.
A rose by any other would smell so sweet. By William Shakespeare describes the roes in black and white by Catherin Williamson real garden. Seeing this photo send chills down my spine knowing it symbolizes love the rose dose not have to be red to represent love I could just close my eyes and think of when my first real love gave me one single rose. The feelings were wonderful and unscramble feeling .the sent of his cologne lingered in conjunction with this single flower representing our 1st love as one.
Looking at this picture of the Chevrolet classic by alikellett reminds me of my first brand new car. The new fresh car smell and that shinny black paint. The dark cool tent on the windows thru it over the edge along with the leather around the steering wheel, with the charcoal seats. That feeling is one of a kind I had butterflies in my stomach when driving it off the lot. Having my first vehicle gave me the big sense of freedom. Like the world was mine. I don’t think I could ever forget the feeling of my hands on the stirring wheel for the 1st time .it was every thing I could dream of and more.
Looking back at these photo sent chills thru my spine with a recap or wonderful memories .Those wonderful memories are all was with me a thing like smell and photos will trigger these grate memories. These were grate three really good memories that I really enjoyed in my life and was happy to look back on my life. The photos the real garden, through histoy, and Chevrolet classic are grate photo that can give good memories to any one in different ways.

5 comments:

  1. I really like that your essay was about the connections you could make with each essay. It’s nice that you could share different experiences from your childhood years to your teenage years with the class. Also, you brought up a good point about the rose. Love is love, and the photographer may have taken it in black and white because it is symbolic to them and a relationship they were in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i enjoyed the connections you made between the paragraphs and the photos. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your essay. You choose some good pictures and had a good relate to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the personal connection you had with each photograph. You really show an appreciation and connection to art.

    ReplyDelete